some format suitable for an audio burn software, audio, hi-fi, rec.audio, newsgroups" /> some format suitable for an audio burn software Tech" /> Re: ".mp3" format --> some format suitable for an audio burn software [Archive] - AudioBanter.com

PDA

View Full Version : Re: ".mp3" format --> some format suitable for an audio burn software

WiseGuy
August 6th 03, 01:03 AM
Back in the day: ,
Al Murphy > opined:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies if this is the wrong forum or if this
> questio is too simple. I have some nice sounds on mp3
> that I want to listen to on my audio CD player.
> Question1: What format should they be converted into
> to enable this?

Of course, you know that you have to make an audio CD unless your player
"understands" MP3 (I'm assuming it doesn't or you wouldn't be asking about
it)

BUT, you may not need to convert your MP3 files if you have a reasonably up
to date computer. Read on.

> Question2: Can you recommend soem freeware software
> that will make this conversion?

Almost all current CD burning software will burn CD-audio from MP3 "on the
fly". Most of the time, IF your system can handle it, this does as good a
job as converting the files before hand.

If you still want to convert your files beforehand, you will convert your
MP3 files to WAV format. Numerous "free" programs will have that type of
conversion built-in.

I'll avoid technical discussions of different decompressors. If you just
want to convert files and not get overly technical about it, something like
MusicMatch is readily available, easy to use and free.

But as I said, you may not need to do it at all.