PDA

View Full Version : Aiwa D57U

J. Falcono
August 5th 03, 03:32 AM
I was given this D57U receiver from a friend of mine. Unfortunately,
the power is intermitten at best. When I plug in the power, I hear
what can best be described as a circuit tripping. I took this
receiver to a local repair shop which told me that I needed a new main
PC board. However when I took the unit home and opened it myself to
get a part number off the board, I plugged it in and it turned right
on.

Has anyone encountered anything like this? Also, a check of Aiwa's
website turned up nothing under this model number. I take that to
mean that this is obviously not a model that is still in production.
Does anyone have a main PC board or know of a place where I can obtain
one, if this is actually the fix to my problem?

Thanks for any input!

J.

Mark D. Zacharias
August 6th 03, 11:44 AM
A couple of things.

It is normal for this model to click when plugged in. If the power is
intermittent, there may be a bad solder connection, for example, at the
power turn-on relay. Could be something else, of course.

The shop you took it to was LAZY and didn't want to bother with real
troubleshooting. Perhaps they just aren't that good with audio pieces.

The Aiwa models are a bit different and "weirder" than your other types, and
of course have little or no access from the bottom, so troubleshooting can
be a problem.

Mark Z.

"J. Falcono" > wrote in message
m...
> I was given this D57U receiver from a friend of mine. Unfortunately,
> the power is intermitten at best. When I plug in the power, I hear
> what can best be described as a circuit tripping. I took this
> receiver to a local repair shop which told me that I needed a new main
> PC board. However when I took the unit home and opened it myself to
> get a part number off the board, I plugged it in and it turned right
> on.
>
> Has anyone encountered anything like this? Also, a check of Aiwa's
> website turned up nothing under this model number. I take that to
> mean that this is obviously not a model that is still in production.
> Does anyone have a main PC board or know of a place where I can obtain
> one, if this is actually the fix to my problem?
>
> Thanks for any input!
>
> J.

J. Falcono
August 6th 03, 02:44 PM
Hey thanks for the Info... I'll look at the soldering tonight.

J.