PDA

View Full Version : Re: Microphone problem

Matt Distefano
July 31st 03, 08:13 AM
"Petter Holt Juliussen" > wrote in message
> I have a headset with a microphone, and whn i put the two plugs (mic and
> headphone), i can hear my self speaking in the headphones, but i cant
record
> audio with the mic.. Im using ShoutCAST, and i cant use the mic for that
> purpose either, what should i do?
> What is the problem?

Probably you don't have Windows set up to record from the mic. Open the
volume applet, go to 'options,' then 'properties,' and select 'recording'
where it says 'adjust volume for.' It's also a good idea to check all the
boxes under 'show the following volume controls.' OK out of there, mute
everything but the mic, kick its volume up, and try again.

Tomi Holger Engdahl
July 31st 03, 08:32 AM
"Petter Holt Juliussen" > writes:

> I have a headset with a microphone, and whn i put the two plugs (mic and
> headphone), i can hear my self speaking in the headphones, but i cant record
> audio with the mic.. Im using ShoutCAST, and i cant use the mic for that
> purpose either, what should i do?
> What is the problem?

I quess that you are working with a PC based syste,

Check your soundcard mixer settings.
Generally PC soundcards have two sets of mixer settings:
one selects what yyou hear on sound output (what you near now on
your headphones) and other set selects the recording sound source
(you shoud select here the mic input).

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/

Petter Holt Juliussen
August 1st 03, 08:07 PM
Can i BOTH hear my self speak on my headphones, while im recording?