PDA

View Full Version : Re: Subwoofer Feedback - HELP

Kevin McMurtrie
July 27th 03, 01:08 AM
In article >,
(Willefred) wrote:

>Pardon my stupidity if this is an easy one.
>
>I recently got a Klipsch KSW-12 subwoofer. I previously had a 8"
>Infinity sub that I've had for about 6 years now. When I turn my
>receiver off after listening, I get a loud feedback through the sub,
>almost like a deep sounding flutter. I never had this problem when I
>used the other sub. When I turn the volume down on the sub (after the
>receiver power is off) I can get it to stop, but its a pain to have to
>turn it up and down every time.
>
>I have a LFE single cable running into the sub from the receiver.
>
>Any help or suggestions you could provide would be helpful.
>
>Thanks

Why don't you have the remote power control working?

Willefred
July 27th 03, 04:08 PM
Kevin McMurtrie > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> (Willefred) wrote:
>
> >Pardon my stupidity if this is an easy one.
> >
> >I recently got a Klipsch KSW-12 subwoofer. I previously had a 8"
> >Infinity sub that I've had for about 6 years now. When I turn my
> >receiver off after listening, I get a loud feedback through the sub,
> >almost like a deep sounding flutter. I never had this problem when I
> >used the other sub. When I turn the volume down on the sub (after the
> >receiver power is off) I can get it to stop, but its a pain to have to
> >turn it up and down every time.
> >
> >I have a LFE single cable running into the sub from the receiver.
> >
> >Any help or suggestions you could provide would be helpful.
> >
> >Thanks
>
> Why don't you have the remote power control working?

I'm not sure what you mean by remote power control. I have the sub
set to use the automatic on/off function built into the sub. I've
tried to hook the sub's power to my receiver, but I still get the
flutter for 10 seconds until the power goes off on the sub. Has
anyone heard of this with this sub (or others)? Is it interference
that can be avoided?

Thanks