PDA

View Full Version : problem with home entertainment system 5.1 sound

brian
July 26th 03, 06:10 PM
I've got a panasonic reciever vs505, about 5 years old. It has a Dolby
Digital decoder in it. I bought a decent Daewoo DVD player that has digital
coax out and works almost perfectly with the reciever.
The catch is that when I play a dvd in the player in Surround sound (with
just left and right channels) it uses the subwoofer, but NOT when I have the
DVD set for Dolby 5.1 sound. The reciever does show it is getting Digital
audio signal and that it is getting feed for 6 speakers.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm baffled by this.
please email me directly at brian at meehanontheweb dot com

Thanks,
Brian