PDA

View Full Version : looking for miniature fm/am receiver

Tim Ettenheim
July 22nd 03, 12:40 PM
I'm looking for a miniature fm/am radio with digital tuning and a strong
receiver -- preferably no larger than a cigarette pack, no speaker
necessary. Any ideas?

Chris Malcolm
July 22nd 03, 06:34 PM
"Tim Ettenheim" > writes:

>I'm looking for a miniature fm/am radio with digital tuning and a strong
>receiver -- preferably no larger than a cigarette pack, no speaker
>necessary. Any ideas?

Sony SW-100 fits the bill. Has a silly little speaker, but the stereo
line output in FM is of excellent hifi quality, although not as good
at various bad condition interference rejection as a large expensive
dedicated receiver unit.

Size of an audio cassette case, it was originally designed as a
no-expense-spared flagship of Sony's miniature radio technology, and
is still hard to beat at its size.

http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/gadgets/SW100.html
--
Chris Malcolm +44 (0)131 650 3085 DoD #205
School of Informatics, Edinburgh University, 5 Forrest Hill,

Tim Ettenheim
July 28th 03, 03:13 AM
thanks! I'll look it up.