PDA

View Full Version : Amplifier Information

July 20th 03, 08:40 PM
I have several amps and I would like to know : when an Amp say's per channel
is it speaking of A or B or L and R.
if a 100 per channel says A or B it would be 50watts per speaker if A and B
were both used. if its left and right it would be 100watts per speaker.

which is right?

Mark D. Zacharias
July 20th 03, 08:53 PM
Forget about "A or B" - that has only to do with the speaker switches.
Ratings given with BOTH channels ( A + B) are better, since they relate to
real-world usage. I mean, how many people only listen to one speaker on a
stereo amp?

The speaker switches will affect the load impedance which the amp sees if
two sets of speakers are used, either series or parallel operation.

Mark Z.

. ..