PDA

View Full Version : Re: laptop voice recording syst requirments help needed

CJT
July 15th 03, 04:30 AM
Richard Crowley wrote:

> "tom williams" wrote ...
>
>>I am advising a grassroots non profit that is planning to use laptops
>>for poor students to help them work on their audio presentation
>>skills.
>

> What was the reasoning for choosing laptops (of whatever
> vintage) over plain old cassette recorders?
>
> Unless there's more to the story, this sounds wierd.

You beat me to it. One could probably pass out a recorder to every
student for the price of a single laptop.

Laurence Payne
July 16th 03, 09:10 PM
>I am advising a grassroots non profit that is planning to use laptops
>for poor students to help them work on their audio presentation
>skills.
>
>They want to have the students practice by using a laptop for
>recording their presentations, which are expected to be 2-3 minutes
>long each; expecting to have 3-4 repetitions for each presention's
>preparation.
>
>Appreciate advice on the least expensive used laptop windows or mac
>solutions - their budget is quite limited right now. Hoping to be able
>to buy laptops that can be used for this purpose, plus reasonable
>ability to access the web on dial up modems.

Why computers? There are much cheaper and more robust solutions.