PDA

View Full Version : Re: FS: Pioneer TX-9500II Tuner BARGAIN ALERT!

Ken Drescher
July 13th 03, 12:52 PM

>On 7/13/03 3:44 AM, "Myanchick2"
> wrote:
>
>> TX-9500II tuner, excellent cosmetic condition, won't pick up in stereo
>> otherwise everything works well

Brian L. McCarty wrote...

>A tuner that doesn't tune described as "won't pick up in stereo"!
>
>Sounds like another fine product for Drescherdumpster.com.

Mike (Myanchick2) is offering a bargain.

An excellent tuner that probably only needs an alignment. Here is what Vintage
Stereo Tuners (http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/) wrote about it:

Pioneer TX-9500II (1977, $400, photo) - The TX-9500II has 5 gangs and a very
unusual configuration of filters: an SAW (surface acoustic wave) filter for the
wide IF bandwidth mode and 5 normal 3-pin ceramic filters for narrow mode. The
wide/narrow switch and filter configuration distinguish it from its virtually
identical predecessor, the TX-9500. Our panelist David “A� says that the
TX-9500II and the TX-9800 “convey bass up with some of the best in this area
(Accuphase T-100 or Technics ST-9030). The TX-9500II may be the high-water mark
for Pioneer other than the Series 20 (F-26 and F-28) line. You can make the
TX-9500II a DX tuner, but its magic is the SAW filter-based wide IF section. I
think the Pioneers are neither 'transistory' (unless outright defective) nor
fairly reviewed by most. They show large amounts of quality engineering and
proper construction practices that are not seen as much in other brands.�
Like the TX-9500 and TX-9800, sale prices for the TX-9500II on eBay are very
inconsistent, although the TX-9500II tends to sell for more than the TX-9500,
on average. Anywhere from $100 to $300 is possible, depending on condition and
fluctuations in demand, with $150-200 the most common range. TX-9500IIs with
wooden cabinets are scarce and tend to sell for higher prices. Additional
information on the TX-9500II is available at classic-audio.com. See how one
TX-9500II sounded in comparison to other top tuners on our Shootouts page.
[DA][EF][JR]

<P><a href=http://members.aol.com/KDresch/audio.net.html>audio.net</a>, Used
Audio Shop<P>Brands: Marantz, Pioneer, Kenwood, Advent, Apt, JBL, Technics,
Magnepan, Harman Kardon, AR and many others.<P>100% Customer Satisfaction
Guaranteed since 1995.