PDA

View Full Version : FS: Advent "The Advent" 2-way Loudspeakers

Luke Perry
July 13th 03, 01:33 AM
For sale: Vintage Advent speakers. The Advent Loudspeaker - a
classic design by Henry Kloss. Over 500,000 pair of these speakers
were sold! 2-way design, 10" woofer in 12" frames and the famous
off-set orange donut cone tweeter. Advent logos are intact. Cabinets
are also in good condition with normal use wear. Original drivers are
in good condition and fully functional, except that one of woofers
needs to be refoamed.

Excellent sound from one of the best selling speakers of all time.
Great bass,
smooth midrange, gently rolled off treble to create outstanding sound.
These
speakers take the bright edge off those hotly recorded CD's. When
Henry Kloss
"voiced" this speaker he created a very balanced octive to octive
response that
still sounds great 30 years later! You don't see many of these offered
-
because people like them too much! This speaker was recently listed in
Sterophile all time best audio products.

Asking $50 obo for pair. Can pickup in Portland, OR area or I will
ship but shipping is extra. Please email with questions or offers.

thanks
lp

scottabe
July 13th 03, 06:21 PM
Come to think of it, I've got a pair of these puppies I was just about to
give to charity. Sound great, only reason I'm letting them go is because
I'm in a smaller space, no room. Somebody in Seattle wanna come up with an
offer?

in article , Luke Perry at