PDA

View Full Version : Re: how erase CD?

Paul
August 25th 03, 05:07 PM
Just copy on top of it
"RB" > wrote in message ...
> My computer has a CD burner capability and MediaPlayer. How do I erase a
> R/W music CD so I can record something different on it?

RB
August 25th 03, 06:39 PM
Good answer. Thanks.

JeB
August 26th 03, 02:06 AM
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:39:56 -0500, "RB" > wrote:

>Good answer. Thanks.

Not necessarily ... my software usually recognizes that the disk
contains data and won't write over. Check the pull down menus for disk
erase (usually "quick" or "full") option.

Keith A. Lahteine
October 1st 03, 05:02 PM
Dear RB : The majority of C.D.s can't be erased . If
it is recorded on a, "C.D.R.", it can only be recorded on once . If,
however, you wish to record and erase and, therefor, re-record you have
to use, "C.D.s", designated for this use .
For this purpose the, "C.D.RW.", (re-writable), must be employed .
Given that, in the past few years, the price of good recordable disks
has dropped to less than about $ 0.50 per disk hardly anyone uses the,
"C.D,RWs", anymore .
If, however, you have a number of previously recorded,"C.D.s", you
can, pretty well, presume that they can't be erased . Unfortunately,
technology is sometimes a step behind us but think of what it was like
twenty years ago . "Ha ha" !

Sincerely : Keith A. Lahteine

RB wrote:
> My computer has a CD burner capability and MediaPlayer. How do I erase a
> R/W music CD so I can record something different on it?

UnionPac2001
October 1st 03, 11:24 PM
Keith A.Lahteine wrote:
> Dear RB : The majority of C.D.s can't be erased . If
>it is recorded on a, "C.D.R.", it can only be recorded on once . If,
>however, you wish to record and erase and, therefor, re-record you have
>to use, "C.D.s", designated for this use .
> For this purpose the, "C.D.RW.", (re-writable), must be employed .
>Given that, in the past few years, the price of good recordable disks
>has dropped to less than about $ 0.50 per disk hardly anyone uses the,
>"C.D,RWs", anymore .
> If, however, you have a number of previously recorded,"C.D.s", you
>can, pretty well, presume that they can't be erased . Unfortunately,
>technology is sometimes a step behind us but think of what it was like
>twenty years ago . "Ha ha" !
>
> Sincerely : Keith A. Lahteine

Looking at the original post (at least what was quoted after yours), it appears
to me that he understands that he needs to use cdrw's if he intends to erase
and re-record.
His question was regarding HOW he goes about erasing a cdrw disc with the
software he is using.

I could be wrong, but I think mediplayer is not equipped to erase cdrw's.