PDA

View Full Version : what kind of discs?

RB
August 10th 03, 11:51 PM
I have a new computer. It has CD and DVD capability.

What kind of discs, and which drive should I use to download music from the
internet?

Mark D. Zacharias
August 11th 03, 11:12 AM
You would download first to your hard drive, then use your CD burning
software to make a CD when you feel like it.

Mark Z.

"RB" > wrote in message ...
> I have a new computer. It has CD and DVD capability.
>
> What kind of discs, and which drive should I use to download music from
the
> internet?

Robert Rowton
August 12th 03, 01:18 AM
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:51:12 -0500, "RB" > wrote:

>I have a new computer. It has CD and DVD capability.
>
>What kind of discs, and which drive should I use to download music from the
>internet?

Hello,
Well, you'll be downloading the files to your hard drive initially.
Then you'll use your CD burner to write the files to CD-R media. You
needn't bother with using Audio CD-R discs; they don't work or sound
any better, they just cost more because of the included royalty fees.
As far as the media itself is concerned, over the years I've had fine
results with Fuji, TDK, and Verbatim discs. And you can regularly find
them on sale somewhere locally.